Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Home Chef

Sharing the meals from week 2 that we selected from Home Chef.
We continue to really enjoy the food,
the ingredients are fresh, the meals are easy to prepare and the portions are more than adequate.
I chose Home Chef because the meal selections were meals I thought we would enjoy.
Some of the other meal plans,
did not offer 3 meals each week that I thought we would really enjoy.
They are all similar in cost and description.
I looked into Home Chef, Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, Plated and Sun Basket
I love that the ingredients for each meal are in one ziplock bag.
The meats are separated from that ziplock bag and are shipped surrounded by ice packs.
The meats are vacuum sealed.


Ponzu Noodles and Charred Green Beans with Sriracha and Smoked Almonds
              
Caprese Burger with Italian Seasoned Potatoes
These hamburgers were so good, the beef of wonderful quality.

Chicken Piccata with Angel Hair Pasta and Lemon Caper Sauce

Each meal comes with a recipe card...

with exact, step by step directions on the back.
They all fit in to a binder that comes with your first order.
Everything is provided and some prep work is required.
Just enough work to make you feel like you created the beautiful, delicious meal.
This is exactly what I have been looking for...
fresh ingredients, delicious meals for 2 people, 3 times per week.

So what do you think?
I probably researched this and thought about it for one year, 
I don't know what took me so long.
60 bucks per week, free shipping and handling, the hubs and I could not be happier!

17 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

They do look pretty good.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Debbie!
The food looks very appetizing.
I'm very hungry.
I have to eat something!!!!!!

Greetings from Poland.
Lucja

Laura. M said...

Rico menú Debbie.
Buen martes.
Besos.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Hummmm coisas deliciosas.
Um abraço e boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

Latane Barton said...

My daughter suggested this for me but I have not convinced myself YET. The food looks amazing.

Changes in the wind said...

The chicken looks fantastic!!

Breathtaking said...

He Debbi!:) These are all mouth watering menu's. They look absolutely delicious. Thanks for your help regarding my post. I have used the pencil to good effect on other occasions, but although the pencil takes me to my post, I am not allowed to post because I apparently made a serious error when I was making it, and was told about it, but took no notice. Never mind, I won't do that again, but thanks anyway.:)

Linda said...

Looks delicious! Saves you that moment when you are standing in front of the fridge/freezer/pantry thinking, "Now what I am going to serve for dinner tonight?"
My youngest son uses a food service. He is young and into body building. I don't know what one he uses but he is happy with it.

Marie Smith said...

Better than eating out I bet and much cheaper!

BeachGypsy said...

Debbie I want supper at YOUR HOUSE!! Wow, every one looks so delicious, I can almost smell the amazing aromas. I bet it's fun to try all the different foods too.

Sally said...

Really good lookin'! I think you chose very well, and when you think about it, the price can't be beat! I know you have a few things to do, but it does cut down on your labor I'm sure. Good for you guys! :)

xoxo

Brian King said...

Oh, my, those look delicious! I'm glad it worked out so well for you!

Lisa Gordon said...

I am glad you are enjoying Home Chef, Debbie.
Everything here looks just delicious!
xo.

Karen Lakis said...

Interesting! I've never thought of doing that. The food looks delicious and the price sounds reasonable - what a time saver, too!

The Furry Gnome said...

Seems like quite a remarkable service to me. Certainly worth trying it out, and if they're good, all the better.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like a good plan and the food looks delicious.

LeAnn said...

These meals looks so delicious. The photos are so awesome. I think they should discount or pay you for your review on their product. Thanks for sharing this.
Blessings and hugs!